Few of you have been asking for a recipe with quinoa….so here you have it…
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 chia eggs (2 tbsp chia seeds mixed with 6 tbsp warm water, let sit for 5 min)
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1cup Apricot Paste
Apricot Paste Cover 1 cup of dry apricots with cold water and soak for 4-6 hours. Remove apricots and reserve water. Place apricots in blender and process until smooth. If needed, adjust consistency with some of the reserved water.
You can use fresh or frozen blueberries.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a non-stick muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Cook quinoa according to package direction.
- Mix together chia seeds with warm water and set aside (stir every so often while following the next steps).
- Chia seeds as an egg-replacement should be gooey, not watery, like the consistency of an egg.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together quinoa, oats, mixed nuts and blueberries.
- In separate mixing bowl, add almond butter, apricot paste, chia eggs, almond milk, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Stir until combined.
- Fold in dry ingredients and stir well.
- Spoon the mixture into each muffin cup filling almost to the top.
- Press mixture down firmly into each cup with the back of a spoon and/or your fingers.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool slightly before removing.
Chia Egg -1tsp chia seeds + 2tbs warm water
Enjoy for breakfast or afternoon snack with tea.
To learn more about quinoa and it’s great benefits please check out this article by our friend Nikki HERE.