Japanese Style Slow Cooker Tofu
Today we have a recipe for you that even your non vegetarian friends will love.
It will take about 5min to prepare and your slow cooker will do the rest.
Give it a try and let us know how you like it.
Make sure to use organic NON-GMO tofu
- 1/4 cup white miso paste
- 1/4 cup tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- 2 TBS sesame oil
- 2 TBS water
- 1 TBS honey
- 2 TBS organic peanut butter
- 2 small packages (or 1 pound) extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 bunch of fresh spinach leaves
- 2 TBS sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- Combine the miso, tamari, sesame oil, peanut butter,water and honey in a medium size bowl.
- Carefully coat each slice of tofu in the sauce and lay it in the slow cooker
- Pour the sauce over top of the tofu.
- Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours, or until the tofu is hot all the way through.
- Just before serving, add the spinach to the slow cooker, cover and cook for about 10min.
- Carefully remove the spinach and slices of tofu from slow cooker and place few slices on plates.
- Garnish with the sesame seeds and green onion.