After my first bite of these chocolates, my eyes widened and I actually said to myself “are you KIDDING me!??”. I couldn’t believe how delicious they were!
Never having made chocolates before, surprisingly it is fairly easy. You just need a little patience for the cacao to melt and that’s about it 😉
- 2 tbsp organic tahini
- 6 organic medjool dates
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp natural vanilla bean extract
- 1/4 tsp himalayan sea salt
- 1 tbsp water (more if needed)
- 1 cup raw cacao butter
- 1 cup organic cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or to taste
- Place all ingredients into vitamix (or high speed blender). Blend until a thick caramel like texture is formed. Set aside.
- In a double broiler, grate 1 cup of cacao butter into the top portion. Place on low heat, allowing it to melt - stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, using coconut oil - lightly cover silicone ice cube tray or use a chocolate mould.
- Once all the cacao butter has melted, remove from heat and slowly whisk in the cocoa powder and maple syrup.
- Fill your ice cube, or chocolate tray about 1/2 way. Next using a teaspoon, carefully drop the caramel into each section. Pour the remaining chocolate over the caramel to fill the tray.
- Place in fridge and let it harden. Once it is cooled and hard, carefully remove from the tray.
With love and gratitude,