These blondies are seriously magic. They’re:
- Gluten Free
- Peanut Butter-y
- Super moist
- Full of protein
This recipe is a contribution from Rachel over at Little Chef Big Appetite.
“Little Chef Big Appetite features my own healthy recipes as well as tidbits from my daily life in Los Angeles, CA. I may be pint-sized, but I come with one heck of an appetite and I hope you do too!”
Connect with Rachel:
HIGH PROTEIN VEGAN BLONDIES
- 1 15 oz. can unsalted chickpeas drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup natural unsalted peanut butter or almond butter* See note below
- ¼ – ⅓ cup maple syrup to taste**
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 bar good quality dark-chocolate chopped
- ¼ cup chocolate chips for sprinkling optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 baking pan.
- Combine all ingredients besides the chocolate in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth (about 45 seconds). Gently fold in the chopped dark chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan. Sprinkle the top with additional chocolate chips (optional). Bake for 25 minutes or until the edges begin to harden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. The blondies will harden as they cool, so be careful not to overcook them. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Be careful not to cut them too soon, or you will just get blondie mess instead of nice squares!
Recipe Notes*Peanut Butter will provide a noticeable peanut butter taste and almond butter will be mild and less detectable.
**You can substitute honey, but they will no longer be vegan.