Homemade All-Natural Granola Bars
This Christmas season, give the gift of all-natural yummy goodness – Homemade Granola Bars. You can wrap them up and surprise your coworkers, friend and family members.
I love sharing these with my clients as it makes a perfect after workout snack.
Also a healthy addition to your kids lunch bags, quick breakfast on a go or take it on your afternoon hike…or last minute Christmas shopping trip 😉
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 medium very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup cranberries and/or raisins
- 1 cup of mixed nuts and seeds
- 1.5 cups regular oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour (or other flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8th tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8 inch square pan with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, combine agave, ground flax seeds, almond milk, oil, and vanilla. Whisk together.
- Mash bananas with fork and stir into the wet mixture.
- Stir in the cranberries , raisins and nuts & seeds. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix your dry ingredients.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir well.
- Scoop the granola batter into the pan.
- Smooth out with a spoon or hands and press it down firmly.
- Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes until the edges begin to golden and it is slightly firm to touch.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack and cooling completely.
- Slice into 8-10 bars.