Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cups
Yes that’s right, vegan, healthy,protein and antioxidant rich CHOCOLATE peanut butter cups (that still taste decadent).
Vegan Chocolate Recipe (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 5 tbsp agave nectar/coconut nectar/maple syrup
All you have to do is melt coconut oil, then stir in cacao powder and maple syrup until smooth. Use immediately.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough – packed with protein
yields 25 heaping tablespoons
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (soy or almond milk will do)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, any kind
- 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder (we used Sunwarrior Raw Protein)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Add the chickpeas to a food processor or blender and process until they’re a smooth paste.
- Add the coconut milk, peanut butter, protein powder and vanilla and keep processing until they’re well combined. You might need more coconut milk to make the dough desired consistency.
- Stir in the chips.
Alright now you are ready to assemble your little cups of heaven 🙂
- First, you need some muffin liners. Fill the bottoms of each liner with melted chocolate making sure the bottom and sides are covered.
- Put them in the freezer to harden for 10 min and while you wait, mix up the filling. When the chocolate has set, take out of the freezer and put some of the cookie dough in the center of the each cup.
- Next spoon in more chocolate on top of the almond butter and spread it out to the sides of the cups, completely covering the filling. Make sure there are no gaps or there will be cookie dough peaking through the finished products!
- Return to the freezer for another 10 min or so until the chocolate has set.
Then take them out and try not to eat every single one. It’s tough,
Zuzana & Nikki