Roasted Cauliflower Soup
Yes its time for nice bowl of warming soup! There is nothing better then a steaming bowl of soup on cold winter day!
There are many delicious variations of fall Soup, but one of my favourites is a recipe for Roasted Cauliflower Soup.
If you haven’t had roasted cauliflower before, try it! Even if cauliflower isn’t your favorite veggie, you’ll love it roasted!
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets or chunks
- 2½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Place cauliflower on a baking sheet together with chopped onion.
- Combine olive oil with the cumin, mustard, turmeric, crushed garlic and salt; sprinkle over cauliflower.
- Toss well and spread into a single layer. Roast 20 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Add the broth mixture and roasted cauliflower to blender container.
- Cover; blend until smooth.
- Return to saucepan. Heat through over medium-high heat. Ladle into shallow bowls; top with chopped cilantro, if desired.