Super Easy Veggie Sushi
I LOVE sushi!
However today we decided to take a challenge and make sushi without the rice.
This “sushi” recipe is super easy to make. We prepared a vegan cream cheese in advance and stored it in the fridge until dinner time.
Assembling this meal is a piece of cake In fact, you can get your kids to help you out and have some fun together.
- home made vegan cream cheese (hummus will also work)
- whole grain tortillas (we also used rice paper and nori wraps instead of tortillas)
- fresh spinach leaves
- cucumbers, cut into sticks
- bell peppers, cut into sticks
- carrots, shredded finely
- avocado, sliced into sticks
- organic extra firm tofu
- any other vegetable of your choice…be creative here
- Spread the “cream cheese” mixture on the tortillas, stopping 1 inch before the edge (the filling will spread to the edges once the tortilla is rolled).
- Top with spinach, peppers, avocado, carrot, cucumber, tofu….and whatever else your heart desires.
- Roll the tortillas up into a tight wrap.
- You could wrap each roll in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve (for easy slicing).
- At serving time, remove the plastic wrap (if necessary).
- Using a bread knife, trim about ½ inch from each end of the tortilla wraps.
- Slice the logs into 1-inch thick pieces.
- Transfer the sushi pieces to a serving platter, spiral side up.