Superfood Granola Bars
In the last year or so I added hemp seeds to my “must eat” list of foods. I’ll admit, the list of healthy things I keep adding to my daily “must eat” list is getting a bit out of hand—between the vegetables, flaxseeds, raw vegetable juices, fermented foods, etc. my stomach barely has room to fit it all in. Still, now that I know the health benefits of hemp seeds I’m finding creative ways to get my daily hemp fix too. I think of hemp seeds almost as a “superfood” because they have a tremendous nutritional profile. Look at just a few of the benefits
- all 20 amino acids
- easily digestible protein
- essential fatty acids
- great source of Omega-6 and Omega-3
And here it is….vegan, raw, tasty, and oh-so-delicious, these bars are top notch for satisfying your hunger
- 1/2 cup medjool dates, pitted and packed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Hemp Seed Butter (could replace with other natural nut butter)
- 2 cups raw oats
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 goji berries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Soak pitted dates in 1/4 cup water for at least 30 minutes. Transfer soaked dates and water to blender and blend until the dates form a smooth paste.
- Pour date paste into a large bowl. Add the hemp seed butter and mix until well combined. Fold in the remaining ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish and spread even. Flatten top.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours until bars set up. Cut into 16 squares.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Enjoy as a snack for a good, healthy boost of protein.