Bread + Cookies?
Yep you read it right! These are a wondrous union of banana bread and cookie 😛
I will keep this post simple, just like the recipe. I started in the kitchen with the intention of making a loaf of banana bread for my Nephew. As I was preparing the batter, I changed my mind. Instead I decided to make small individual servings, this way he wouldn’t leave half of it untouched.
Simple – and that’s how the bread+cookie was created!
As I already mentioned, they are quite easy to make, and done in one bowl! If you are a mom or dad who wants to provide your children with healthy, yummy and nutritious snacks, these are a must try!
Banana Bread Cookies
- 3 over-ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract or from actual bean
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 flax egg see below
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free oats grind to create a flour
- 1/4 cup raw sugar coconut
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 vegan chocolate optional
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Start by combining the flax egg, and set aside.
- Next, in a large bowl mash the over ripe bananas and continue to add the remaining ingredients. Be sure to measure 1 1/4 cup oats and then blend to create a flour. Mix well, so there are no clumps of oil or banana. If the batter seems runny add extra whole oats (it should be like a cake batter texture).
- Using coconut oil, lightly cover a baking sheet - using 1 tbsp start putting the batter onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until golden brown.
Recipe NotesFlax Egg - combine 1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp water
With love and gratitude,